News‎ > ‎

Kildangan Seniors Make Quarter Finals

posted 29 Jul 2014, 16:09 by Kildangan PRO   [ updated 29 Jul 2014, 16:17 ]
Kildangan made a forceful second half recovery against Ardclough to qualify for the Reserve C quarter finals, scoring 2:12 to the 'Cloughs 2:05. Played in Moorefield on Monday evening last, the game was filled with championship intensity, too much so for Ardclough who had two players dismissed on straight red cards.

Ardclough opened the scoring on 7 minutes with a point, which was cancelled almost immediately with a Ryan Moran goal. Eric O'Hara added a point from the kick out. There followed a fantastic team point for Kildangan when Ryan Moran delivered a perfect pass to Robert Hanley, who made no mistake in splitting the uprights.

Ardclough broke from defence in the next move, moved quickly to attack and left Kildangan keeper no chance with a shot to the back of the net. Further Kildangan points by Ryan Moran and Pauric Casey left Kildangan on 1:05 at the half time break to Ardcloughs 2:02, the second Ardclough goal the result of a penalty almost on the stroke of half time. With injury time approaching Eric O'Hara scored the equaliser to the leave the teams level.

On the resumption of play Kildangan went one up, Robert Hanley the scorer. Ryan Moran got the next score to put Kildangan two ahead.

In the meantime, a red mist descended on Ardclough and in the space of ten minutes two players were sent for early showers by the referee. These dismissals seemed to upset the rhythm of the Kildangan play somewhat and for the next few minutes we struggled, until a Stephen Quigley point settled the nerves.

Ardclough were determined not to go down without a fight and added three more points to their first half tally. However Kildangan were now in the driving seat and in the move of the game a couple of sublime passes put Robert Hanley one on one with the keeper. He didn't need to be asked twice, giving the 'Clough keeper no chance with a rocket of a shot to the back of the net.

The score was now 2:08 to 2:05 with twenty one minutes gone and Ardclough looking a tired team. Kildangan kept the scoreboard ticking over with points from John Miller and Ryan Moran. A brace of Robert Hanley points closed out what was an enthralling game of football.

With the group stages complete Kildangan finish fifth to go through to the quarter finals against Ellistown. Games are fixed for Tuesday to Thursday of next week.

Ballymore Eustace20021841-230